Final results for the full year to 31 December 2016
Final results for the full year to 31 December 2016.
Accelerated store roll-out and strong like-for-likes drive sales volume and improved contributions from corporate stores and commissary.
DP Poland, through its wholly owned subsidiary DP Polska S.A., has the exclusive right to develop, operate and sub-franchise Domino’s Pizza stores in Poland. There are currently 39 Domino’s Pizza stores in 14 Polish cities, 16 corporately managed and 23 sub-franchised.Highlights
- 39 stores open to-date, 4 stores already opened in 2017
- 6 stores currently under construction
- Expecting to cross the 50 stores mark during 2017
- System Sales* up +62% (PLN) 2016 on 2015
- Like-for-like** System Sales (PLN) up +27%
- 17 consecutive quarters of double digit like-for-like System Sales growth, Q4 2012 – Q4 2016
- Total corporate store EBITDA up +76% at +1.76m PLN (+£329k3) 2016 vs +1.00m PLN (+£173k4) 2015
- Top 3 corporate stores averaged +468k PLN (+£88k3) EBITDA each in 2016 vs +332k PLN (+£58k4) each in 2015
- Top store delivered +536k PLN (+£100k***) EBITDA
- Commissary gross profit†† up +155% at +1.71m PLN (+£321k***) vs +673k PLN (+£117k†) in 2015
- Group EBITDA††† losses marginally reduced (£1.58m)*** 2016 vs (£1.63m)† 2015
Peter Shaw, Chief Executive of DP Poland said:
“Our accelerated store roll-out plan and strong like-for-like performance drove sales volume and improved contributions from corporate stores and commissary. We will continue to drive sales volume growth through 2017 and anticipate Group EBITDA losses further reduced for YE 2017.
During 2017 we expect to cross the 50 store mark, which will be a key milestone for Domino’s Pizza in Poland, as we extend our footprint and seek further economies of scale in this market of 38.5 million people.”
27 March 2017Download full announcement here:RNS_DPP_2016_Results
This announcement contains inside information for the purposes of the Market Abuse Regulation
- 020 3393 6954DP Poland PLC
- Peter Shaw, Chief Executive
- 020 7418 8900 Peel Hunt
- Adrian Trimmings/George Sellar
- * System Sales – total retail sales including sales from corporate and sub-franchised stores.
- ** Like-for-like growth in PLN, matching trading periods for the same stores between 1 January and 31 December, 2015 and 1 January and 31 December, 2016
- *** Exchange rate average for 2016 £1:PLN 5.3391
- † Exchange rate average for 2015 £1:PLN 5.7657
- †† Sales minus variable costs
- ††† Excluding non-cash items, non-recurring items and store pre-opening expenses