Interim results for H1 2016
Interim results for the half year to 30 June 2016.
Store opening momentum continues to build. Two new sub-franchisees open stores in two new cities. Corporate store performance and commissary performance continue to improve.
DP Poland, through its wholly owned subsidiary DP Polska S.A., has the exclusive right to develop, operate and sub-franchise Domino’s Pizza stores in Poland. There are currently 29 Domino’s Pizza stores in 7 Polish cities, 16 corporately managed and 13 sub-franchised.Highlights
- 29 stores in 7 cities, to date
- 6 new stores opened and 3 more cities came on stream January – September 2016
Peter Shaw, Chief Executive of DP Poland said:
“Out of our 6 store openings so far this year I am delighted that 3 stores have been opened by 2 new sub-franchisees, in 2 new cities, taking the number of our sub-franchise partners to 4. Domino’s Pizza is now available in 7 Polish cities, with 29 stores to date, 16 corporately managed and 13 sub-franchised.
We saw more than a doubling of both corporate store EBITDA and commissary gross profit in the first half of the year driven by rapid sales growth and improvements in food costs. The continuing improvement in Group EBITDA losses will accelerate as the growth in overheads necessary for rapid expansion become proportionately less significant to accelerating sales.”
19 September 2016.
- A pdf of the full results is downloadable below
- 020 3393 6954DP Poland PLC
- Peter Shaw, Chief Executive
- 020 7418 8900 Peel Hunt
- Dan Webster/Adrian Trimmings/George Sellar
- * System Sales – total retail sales including sales from corporate and sub-franchised stores.
- ** Like-for-like growth in PLN, matching trading periods for the same stores between 1 January and 30 June, 2015 and 1 January and 30 June, 2016
- *** Sales minus variable costs
- † Excluding non-cash and non-recurring items