Trading Update for 2017, unauditedDP Poland PLC (“DP Poland or the “Company”)
System Sales up 51%. Like-for-likes up 17%. 75% of delivery sales ordered online. 55 stores.
DP Poland, through its wholly owned subsidiary DP Polska S.A, has the exclusive right to develop, operate and sub-franchise Domino’s Pizza stores in Poland. There are currently 55 Domino’s Pizza stores, 29 corporately managed, 2 under management contract and 24 sub-franchised.
- Total System Sales* up 51% to 58m PLN 2017 (39m PLN 2016)
- 17% like-for-like** growth in System Sales 2017 on 2016
- 75% of delivery sales ordered online
- 21st consecutive quarter of double digit like-for-like System Sales growth
- Store numbers in 2017 increased from 35 to 54 stores, with 55 stores open to date
- The second commissary in Łodz is fully operational and performing well
Peter Shaw, Chief Executive of DP Poland said:
“2017 delivered significant growth in System Sales, through a combination of robust like-for-likes and 19 store openings. While we experienced increased pressures in cost of sale, both labour and food, we expect these pressures to reduce through 2018.
Poland’s delivery market is expanding and we are taking a lead in that expansion, through great product, service and price, supported by a strong marketing programme and store roll-out. ”
We commenced national television advertising in January 2018 and early results are encouraging.”
The company will release its full year results for 2017 on 27 March 2018.
- 020 3393 6954DP Poland PLC
- Peter Shaw, Chief Executive
- 020 7418 8900 Peel Hunt
- Adrian Trimmings/George Sellar
- * System Sales – total retail sales including sales from corporate and sub-franchised stores.
- ** Like-for-like growth in PLN, matching trading periods for the same stores between 1 January and 31 December 2016 and 1 January and 31 December 2017