Update on store performance 2016
Update on store performance for the full year 2016, unaudited.
Like-for-like system sales up 27%. Total system sales up 62%. 16 new stores opened and 10 more towns came on stream in the last 13 months. Investment in accelerated roll-out.
DP Poland, through its wholly owned subsidiary DP Polska S.A., has the exclusive right to develop, operate and sub-franchise Domino’s Pizza stores in Poland. There are currently 39 Domino’s Pizza stores in 14 Polish towns and cities, 16 corporately managed and 23 sub-franchisedHighlights
- Like-for-like* system sales** (PLN) up 27%
- 17 consecutive quarters of double digit like-for-like system sales growth, Q4 2012 – Q4 2016
- Total system sales up 62% 2016 on 2015
- 12 new stores opened and 6 more towns came on stream in 2016
- 4 new stores opened in 4 more towns since 1 January 2017
- 39 stores open in 14 towns to date
- Pipeline of store openings for 2017, with a number currently under construction
- In 2016 we welcomed 6 new sub-franchisees who now operate 23 stores between them
- 9 stores were opened by sub-franchisees between 1 January 2016 and 8 February 2017
- 71% delivery sales online
- Second commissary scheduled to open in mid-year to support this rapid growth in system sales
Peter Shaw, Chief Executive of DP Poland said:
“In 2016 12 new Domino’s Pizza stores were opened and we welcomed 6 new sub-franchisees on board. In the first 5 weeks of 2017 we opened 4 further stores. Of the 39 stores operating today 23 are operated by our 8 sub-franchise partners. We are now operating in 14 towns and cities and will see more added through the year.
This step change in store roll-out and system sales growth is set to continue through 2017 as we invest in real estate development, store operations, dough production capacity and food warehousing.”
8 February 2017
The Company continues to trade in line with management expectations and will release its full year results for 2016 on 27 March 2017.
The information contained within this announcement is deemed by the Company to constitute inside information as stipulated under the Market Abuse Regulation.
- 020 3393 6954DP Poland PLC
- Peter Shaw, Chief Executive
- 020 7418 8900 Peel Hunt
- Adrian Trimmings/George Sellar
- * Like-for-like growth in PLN, matching trading periods for the same stores between 1 January and 31 December, 2015 and 1 January and 31 December, 2016
- ** System Sales – total retail sales including sales from corporate and sub-franchised stores.