Update on Store Performance H1 2017
Update on Store Performance H1 2017, unaudited
System Sales up 50%. Like-for-likes up 17%. 73% of delivery sales ordered online.
DP Poland, through its wholly owned subsidiary DP Polska S.A, has the exclusive right to develop, operate and sub-franchise Domino’s Pizza stores in Poland. There are currently 45 Domino’s Pizza stores in 18 towns and cities, 20 corporately managed, 2 under management contract and 23 sub-franchised.Highlights
- Total System Sales* up 50% to 27m PLN H1 2017 (18m PLN H1 2016)
- 17% like-for-like** growth in System Sales H1 2017 on H1 2016
- 19th consecutive quarter of double digit like-for-like System Sales growth
- 10 new stores opened to-date 2017
- 45 stores in 18 towns and cities across Poland to date 2017
- 73% of delivery sales ordered online
- New commissary close to completion
Peter Shaw, Chief Executive of DP Poland said:
“We continued to see strong growth in system sales in the first half of 2017, thanks to robust double digit like-for-likes and 10 store openings, year to date. 8 additional towns and cities have been added to the Domino’s map in Poland so far this year.
Our rate of growth in online sales continues with 73% of all delivery orders made online in the first half of 2017, compared to 71% for the full year 2016, a trend that brings us in line with many of the more mature Domino’s markets. An effective online ordering system benefits both our customers and our operational efficiencies, making the ordering process easier and less labour intensive. We expect the proportion of delivery sales made online to continue to grow as we invest in our digital technology and marketing.”
Our state-of-the art commissary in Łódź is nearing completion and we expect it to come on stream in September, giving us the capacity to supply up to 150 stores with fresh dough and ingredients, in combination with our Warsaw facility.”
19 July 2017.
The Company will release its interim results for the first half of 2017 on 18 September 2017.
This announcement contains inside information for the purposes of the Market Abuse Regulation.
- 020 3393 6954DP Poland PLC
- Peter Shaw, Chief Executive
- 020 7418 8900 Peel Hunt
- Adrian Trimmings/George Sellar
- * System Sales – total retail sales including sales from corporate and sub-franchised stores.
- ** Like-for-like growth in PLN, matching trading periods for the same stores between 1 January and 30 June, 2016 and 1 January and 30 June, 2017