Update on store performance for 2015DP Poland PLC (“DP Poland or the “Company”) Update on store performance for the full year to 31 December 2015, unaudited.
13 consecutive quarters of double digit like-for-like system sales growth. Total stores EBITDA positive every month in 2015. Store roll-out extends to 5 cities.
DP Poland, through its wholly owned subsidiary DP Polska S.A., has the exclusive right to develop, operate and sub-franchise Domino’s Pizza stores in Poland. There are currently 24 Domino’s Pizza stores in 5 Polish cities, Warsaw, Krakow, Wrocław, Gdansk and Szczecin, 16 corporately managed and 8 sub-franchised.Highlights
- 13 consecutive quarters of double digit like-for-like* system sales** growth, Q4 2012 – Q4 2015
- Maintaining strong like-for-likes
- Like-for-like system sales (PLN) up 16%
- Like-for-like gross profit*** (PLN) up 27%
- Like-for-like order count† up 14%
- Total stores†† EBITDA positive every month in 2015
- Top 3 corporate stores averaged +£58k††† EBITDA each in 2015 vs +£24k^ each in 2014
- Growing commissary contribution through sales royalties and food and non-food sales to sub-franchisees
- 6 new store openings in 5 cities: Warsaw, Krakow, Wrocław, Gdansk and Szczecin
- More stores currently under construction and a pipeline of significant further openings planned for 2016
- Sub-franchisee HLM opened its third store in December 2015
- Double digit like-for-like system sales growth continued through January 2016 at 29%
Peter Shaw, Chief Executive of DP Poland said:
“Like-for-like sales continued to deliver double digit growth and total stores were EBITDA positive every month in 2015, a notable milestone for Domino’s Pizza in Poland. We now have stores in 5 Polish cities, further stores under construction and a pipeline for significant further openings in 2016 in new and existing cities. The contribution from our new commissary is ahead of expectations, delivering improved food costs and growing sales to sub-franchised stores.
2016 has started strongly with robust like-for-like system sales growth in January.”
11 February 2016.
The Company will release its preliminary results for the year to 31 December 2015 on 21 March 2016.
- 020 3393 6954DP Poland PLC
- Peter Shaw, Chief Executive
- 020 7418 8900 Peel Hunt
- Dan Webster/Adrian Trimmings/George Sellar
- * Like-for-like growth in PLN, matching trading periods for the same stores between 1 January and 31 December, 2014 and 1 January and 31 December, 2015
- ** System Sales – total retail sales including sales from corporate and sub-franchised stores.
- *** Sales minus food costs. This figure excludes franchised stores
- † Order count for corporate and franchised stores
- †† Total stores includes corporate and franchised stores
- †††Exchange rate average for 2015 – £1:PLN 5.77
- ^Exchange rate average for 2014 – £1:PLN 5.19