Update on store performance H1 2016DP Poland PLC (“DP Poland or the “Company”)
Update on store performance for the half year to 30 June 2016, unaudited.
Like-for-like system sales up 28%. Total system sales up 57%. 5 new stores opened, including 2 new cities. Pipeline of store openings for the second half.
DP Poland, through its wholly owned subsidiary DP Polska S.A., has the exclusive right to develop, operate and sub-franchise Domino’s Pizza stores in Poland. There are currently 28 Domino’s Pizza stores in 6 Polish cities, Warsaw, Krakow, Wrocław, Gdansk, Szczecin and Zielona Gora, 17 corporately managed and 11 sub-franchised.Highlights
- Like-for-like* system sales** (PLN) up 28%
- 15 consecutive quarters of double digit like-for-like system sales growth, Q4 2012 – Q2 2016
- Total system sales up 57% H1 2016 on H1 2015
- 5 new stores opened and 2 more cities came on stream in H1 2016
- Pipeline of store openings for H2 2016, 2 of those stores already constructed
- New sub-franchisee JAR acquired their first store in April and opened their second store in June
- Sub-franchisee HLM acquired its fourth store in July
- Robust growth in corporate store EBITDA and commissary contribution
- 69% delivery sales online
Peter Shaw, Chief Executive of DP Poland said:
“Strong like-for-likes coupled with the better than anticipated sales performance of our newer stores delivered robust growth in total system sales. Growth in sales, corporate store EBITDA and commissary contribution underpin our confidence in our accelerated store roll-out programme. In the first half we opened 5 Domino’s stores and added 2 further cities. We have a pipeline of store openings in place for the second half in both existing and new cities.
Our franchisees are active in growing their store numbers and I anticipate further sub-franchise openings and acquisitions in the near future.”
19 July 2016.
The Company will release its interim results for the for the first half of 2016 on 19 September 2016.
- 020 3393 6954DP Poland PLC
- Peter Shaw, Chief Executive
- 020 7418 8900 Peel Hunt
- Adrian Trimmings/George Sellar
- * Like-for-like growth in PLN, matching trading periods for the same stores between 1 January and 30 June, 2015 and 1 January and 30 June, 2016
- ** System Sales – total retail sales including sales from corporate and sub-franchised stores.